Please remember that all of the information available through the Service is intended for adults who are licensed healthcare professionals. While we hope you find the Service helpful, you should remember that it is not meant to serve as a substitute for your own clinical judgment as a healthcare professional.
If you are a consumer who chooses to use the professional-level information available through the Service, you should not rely on that information as professional medical advice or use it to replace any relationship with your physician or other qualified healthcare professional. For medical concerns, including decisions about medications and other treatments, consumers should always consult their physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel. We each follow standard sets of editorial procedures for information that we each make available through the Website. However, we don't offer you any warranty or guarantee related to the Website that we provide. We specifically disclaim any warranties, express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. It's your job to evaluate the information and results from Website we provide.
If you are a healthcare professional, you should exercise your professional judgment in evaluating any information, and we encourage you to confirm the information made available or otherwise obtained through the Service with other sources before undertaking any treatment based on it.
The use of the Service is at your own risk and the Service and the content are provided on as "AS IS" basis. Some information made available through the Service may be provided by users of the applicable Web site.
Neither iDoc-Africa or iDoc-Africa blog is responsible for that information. Whether the information is provided by us, our licensors or a user of a Web site owned and operated by either iDoc-Africa or iDoc-Africa blog, neither we nor our licensors are liable for any damages resulting from your use of the information made available through the websites. Although we are selective about the organizations we link to from our respective Web sites, we don't assume any responsibility for any Web sites that are linked to or from us. While we welcome your feedback regarding the websites, we must make the final decisions about the content made available through the Service. You can use the contact us page on the web site to submit comments.
The Service includes clinical tools and databases intended for use by healthcare professionals. These tools do not give professional advice or recommend particular products. Physicians and other healthcare professionals who use these tools or databases should exercise their own clinical judgment as to the information they provide. Consumers who use the tools or databases do so at their own risk. Individuals with any type of medical condition are specifically cautioned to seek professional medical advice before beginning any sort of health treatment. For medical concerns, including decisions about medications and other treatments, users should always consult their physician or other qualified healthcare professional.
Linking to Us
Usually, we don't mind if you include a simple link from your Web site to the Service. However, you must always ask our permission if you intend to frame our site or incorporate pieces of it into a different site or product in such a way that is not clear to our users that we are the source of the content. You are not allowed to link to us if you engage in the publication or promotion of illegal, obscene, or offensive content, or if the link in any way negatively impact on our reputation.
Information that You Provide to Our Service
When you upload materials or information to areas of the Service that are publicly available, you give us an irrevocable, perpetual license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display that information in connection with the Service. For example, if you post a comment to a iDoc-Africa blog discussion board, you grant iDoc-Africa the right to display that comment through the website for as long as we want. We will consider requests to remove information that you make publicly available through the Service on an individual basis (contact us at the email address we provide at the end of this document).
We ask that you not post any messages with misleading, false, or inappropriate language or statements. We reserve the right to remove any content that we deem offensive or fraudulent at any time without your consent.
We offer to our users several tools that allow you to record and store information. You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your passwords or accounts. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. It is your sole responsibility to
(1) control the dissemination and use of activation codes and passwords;
(2) authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of your account and password;
(3) promptly inform us of any need to deactivate a password. You grant us and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of the website the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store, and use your information in connection with the operation of the website. We cannot and do not not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit in connection with the Service, or your or third parties' use or misuse of information transmitted or received using the Service.
Member Conduct when Using Community and Communication Services
When you use a Community and Communication Service, you agree not to:
- Violate local, state, national, or international laws;
- Post, upload, email, transmit or otherwise distribute any Content that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- Post, upload, email, transmit or otherwise distribute any Content that is unlawful, harmful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as we may determine in our sole discretion;
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through a Community and Communication Service;
- Post, upload, email, transmit or otherwise distribute chain letters, pyramid schemes, unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or spam;
- Impersonate another person or business entity or stalk or otherwise harass another person;
- Post, upload, email, transmit or otherwise distribute viruses or other harmful computer code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the use of any computer software or hardware;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their identification for posting or viewing comments;
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments;
- Interfere with or disrupt a Community and Communication Service or computers, networks or other hardware connected to the Community and Communication Service, or disregard any requirements or policies of networks connected to a Community and Communication Service;
- Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying a Community and Communication Service, or which, in our sole judgment, exposes iDoc-Africa or iDoc-Africa blog or any of our customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type;
- Fail to respect other users' privacy. This includes revealing another user's password, phone number, address, instant messenger I.D. or address or any other personally identifiable information;
- Create member names, or post solicit or send messages, text or photographs that are sexually explicit, that denigrate, threaten, abuse or harm others in any way; or
- Upload, post, email or otherwise send any Content that you are not authorized to send under any law or contractual relationship. This includes proprietary and confidential information learned as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements, and any other inside information.
We may (but are not obligated) do any or all of the following without notice:
- Record or pre-screen the dialogue in public chat rooms;
- Investigate an allegation that a communication does not conform to the terms of this section and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the Content;
- Edit Content.
You agree and acknowledge that the processing and transmission of a Community and Communication Service, including your Content, may involve transmissions over various networks and devices and necessary modifications as required for such transmissions.
Dealing with Advertisers
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
Notice and Take Down Procedures and Copyright Agent
If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Service infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from the website by contacting us through the Contacts page of iDoc-Africa website and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that "under penalty of perjury," you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
In an effort to protect the rights of copyright owners, we maintain a policy for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of subscribers and account holders of the Site who are repeat infringers.
Last updated on December 05, 2011